Translate

Monday, December 01, 2014

Would-a . . . Could-a . . . Should-a

As days rush by to another year’s end
I search and fumble for words to say
To analyze and explain and speak,
In order to improve things today. 

I would-a . . .  except for these reasons,
I could-a . . .  if I had thought ahead,
I should-a . . .  thinking back on it now,
I wish I’d thought and now wish I’d said.  

I said the word “love” too infrequently,
But I tried to be thoughtful and kind;
I could have asked questions to show
That you were certainly on my mind.  

How are you doing, how are you feeling?
What’s most important to you right now?
What do you like about this or that?
That’s nifty, can you show me how? 

Well, now I’ve said a mouthful:
Would-a, could-a, should-a in rhyme;
I’ve got more to learn, remember to do
To improve our remaining time.

God loves you, Jesus is Savior and Lord,
Leading up to the most important thing:
Welcome Him and talk to Him, 
Blessings of Opportunity this will bring.


By Elaine Hardt ©2010