Here’s a way to share your faith. It’s not hard to do, and it can be a wonderful blessing for people in your life.
AN EASY BEGINNING
- Look for people you could encourage with a written note. This could be anyone the Lord brings to mind.
- Write a personalized “blessing” for someone, sending it as a birthday, anniversary, or congratulations card.
Write like you’re talking to this person. Avoid cliché; make this like a warm, caring conversation. Handwritten is very nice, but you might feel like writing more if you can do it on the computer. It’s following through with the idea that counts.
A LITTLE BIGGER CHALLENGE
Jot down a basic outline on one of these topics:
- Tell how you came to faith in Jesus.
- Tell about a recent little lesson in faith that God has taught you.
- Tell the story of a big challenge or problem you’ve conquered in your life.
Write to share this with your children, and perhaps other close relatives. After you’ve done the first draft, let the writing “sit” for several days. Then go back and see what improvements you can make. Write like you’re talking to someone, but also include pertinent facts and descriptions that help your reader to visualize the situation.
Ask yourself: is it bragging or complaining? Or, does it let God’s love and joy shine through?
THE GIFT ONLY YOU CAN GIVE (Yes, there's a little more to read...)