Translate

Monday, April 01, 2013

Seeing Time Go By

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery,
I can’t even hold on to life right now;
The past didn’t last, but there are lessons to learn,
So I pray, dear Lord, show me what and how.

I ‘m seeing time going by, and today I know why,
The Creator of Everything designed it that way;
The sooner I recognize it, don’t try to disguise it
I can see wisdom in making the most of today.


No matter the words of another song, I can’t afford to be wrong,
I must not claim to do life my way;
Whether with a smile or a cry, I’m seeing time going by
I will stand before God on Judgment Day.

So, now my shortcomings I confess, I can do nothing less,
And ask forgiveness by His mercy and grace;
I receive then His power, to conquer life’s challenging hour,
It’s a relief to have a smile on my face.

I’m determined to trust and obey, there’s no other way,
Seeing time going by brings a sobering view;
The LORD wants us to hear that our dying day is coming near, 
And I’m glad today I can share this with you.


By Elaine Hardt ©2013

The first line has been attributed to Alice Morse Earle, Joan Rivers, Bil Keane,                         
and also is in a song by Jeff Jacobs and Walter Taleb.