Translate

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Star Light, Star Bright

Star light, star bright,
I see you shine up there tonight;

I wonder how you once were made.
I puzzle how your orbit’s stayed.


You were there before my time,
A Cosmos Maker thought you fine.

He made everything, even me,
How did it happen, how can it be?

Coincidence or alien race?
Wipe that grin off of your face!

God Almighty makes Himself known,
In His creation His power is shown.

Foolish us, to turn from Him,
Perhaps our brains are turning dim!

We will someday before Him bow,
It makes more sense to do it now.

Perfection is His due demand,
But man’s sinfulness pervades the land.

A cross one day held His son,
The sacrifice of love was done.

No other way to Him can be,
“Forgive,” must be our honest plea.

I talk to Him, some call it prayer,
I see the stars — I know He’s there!

SUN, MOON & STARS wondrously on high,
Conveniently brightening up the sky!

If Your creation we have ignored,
We thank You now for its beauty, Lord.

by Elaine Hardt ©2006

“The Heavens declare the glory of God;
and the skies proclaim
the work of His hands.”
Psalm 19:1