Translate

Friday, May 01, 2009

Full of Emotion, Empty of Words

Empty of words to say,
Empty of words to write,
I look towards Heaven and raise my hands in prayer;
Thankfully my Father knows.

I’ve looked again at the past,
I wonder about the present,
I’m overwhelmed at the thought of the future,
Then and now and soon to come.

So humbled by the realization
How small and insignificant I am,
Of course, I yield to God, Almighty Creator;
Truth and Reality point to Him.

The miracle of Jesus becoming one of us,
The amazing outpouring of His love on the cross,
The awesome power of His resurrection and ascension,
The astonishing gift of Holy Spirit abiding in believers.

At first, so bereft of words
More have since lined up on this page
As I seek to point my unseen reader
To the greatness of God.

By Elaine Hardt ©2008