Translate

Wednesday, February 27, 2019

How to Know What to Do


1. Pray and ask for wisdom. "If you abide in Me and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish and it will be given you. This is to My Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." (John 15:7-8)

2. Submit your motives to the Lord. "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." (Psalm 37:4)

3. Declare the praises of God."But you are a chosen people . . . that you may declare the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His wonderful light." (I Peter 2:9)

4. Claim the empowering of the Holy Spirit. "God did not give us a spirit of fear, but of power, love, and a sound mind." (II Timothy 1:7)

5. Have a teachable spirit. "Teach me Your way, O Lord, and I will walk in Your truth..." (Psalm 86:11)

6. Be open to God's correction.He will not have us do anything that is contrary to His character and principles that are written in His Word. "All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the man of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work." (II Timothy 3:16)

7. Listen for the voice of God, the impressions He puts in your innermost spirit. "I will praise the Lord, who counsels me; even at night my heart instructs me. I have set the Lord always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." (Psalm 16:7,8)

8. Share your faith with others. "I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a full understanding of every good thing we have in Christ." (Philemon, verse 6)

9. Live a life that is consistent with the example of Jesus Christ. "It teaches us to say 'No' to ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright and godly lives in this present age," (Titus 2:12)

10. Expect God to do great things. ". . . He will do even greater things than these because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in My name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father." (John 14:12-13) 
As you read the Bible notice all the places that mention "know" and "knowledge." Read the books of II Peter and I John. To know we are where God wants us to be today, and doing what He wants us to do today brings peace. He works within us so we can know and do His Will. 
+ + + 

by Elaine Hardt ©1992