Translate

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Learning How to Disagree

There is something good about disagreements
When you share your point of view;
It can help broaden our communication,
And I can learn something from you. 

It gives us both something to think more about
As I learn the better to explain;
I’m looking for sources of information:
Which is confusing? What is plain?

There is time to control my emotions then
Because the facts must come to light,
So I’m experiencing an inner struggle
To discover what’s really right.

Here’s where I must logically choose my words
Because I want to know what’s true;
And God gives me this time to grow and stretch my faith
with peace of mind; that’s practical, too.

Learning is always somehow helpful to me
When I remember to pray,
“Father, give me the proper attitude and words,
May what I do please You today.”

By Elaine Hardt ©2013