Translate

Sunday, September 29, 2013

I WILL Be Happy Today

        Two cheerful sayings came to mind as the storm clouds cleared late in the afternoon. “I will be happy today, no matter what comes my way.” and  “Something good will happen to me, I can be what I want to be.”   
Yes!  Those were two “wise sayings” that I’d written back in 1982.  Amazon.com sells used copies of my book of children’s stories,  Stories From Beyond the Double Rainbow Each of the 20 stories has a “wise saying” to learn. 
Besides encouraging children we need to encourage ourselves. Outward circumstances will always have a calamity here and there around the world.  We can’t fix the problems or the politics, the weather or the woeful  or wicked choices that people make.
When we pray we can receive an inner peace of mind.  We can make good decisions by faith in the LORD.  Romans 15:13 declares “May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
        Happiness is a choice of our hearts.  Try it today.

by Elaine Hardt ©2013