Translate

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

What NOT to Say, When You Pray

Dear Lord, if You’re not too busy . . . 

Dear Lord, let me be the first to tell You . . . 

Dear Lord, in case You didn’t already know . . . 

Dear Lord, please disregard what I said last time because . . . 

Dear Lord, I don’t know what to tell you to do about her . . . 




Dear Lord, have You noticed . . . 

Dear Lord, I was wondering if . . . 

Dear Lord, why in the world did You . . .  

Dear Lord, if it’s all the same to You . . . 

Dear Lord, I hope You didn’t believe what my sister told You . . . 

Dear Lord,  Ooops!  The phone is ringing; will You please hold on . . . .

Don't we sometimes start to pray without thinking Who we're talking to?
Let us approach the LORD with awe, yet with confidence,
with fervor, yet with calmness,
and sometimes with tears, yet with confidence!
If we knew how much He loves us
we'd respond to Him with obedience and trust.

by Elaine Hardt ©2013