Translate

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Looking Ahead, Planning Ahead

Looking ahead, planning ahead, setting my goal,
Preparing for the future of my body and my soul.

Finding the facts, using logic, deciding what to do,
I know I certainly need to find out what’s true. 

One day I’ll stand before the LORD in eternity;
Life: what a challenge, what an opportunity!






                   






I hear God’s invitation to read His Word and pray; 
There's a new beginning for me, I can boldly say.

There’s forgiveness of all my shortcomings and sin
When I confess, then I receive His great peace within. 

I choose how to spend energy, talents, and time each day;
I grow stronger, as I learn to trust God and obey.

Yes, troubles and temptations will come to each one,
There is a spiritual battle to be won. 

This is my life:  He empowers me to live,
Jesus’ love, grace, and guidance He wants to give.

Looking ahead, planning ahead, living with zest;
Faith enables each of us to be amazingly blessed.

By Elaine Hardt ©2012