Translate

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Seven Suggestions for Father's Day

Father’s Day is nearly here,
It comes around again this year.
You might not find a fancy card in time,
And it’s not easy to write a rhyme!

A present might not be his size,
All of this you realize.
Watch for some occasion when you can say
some kind word to brighten a father’s day.

Here's 7 suggestions -- sentence starters -- for that note you'll write to Dad . . .



I’ll always remember the time when . . .
You make it look easy, but I think . . .
I am impressed when you . . .
You must get tired of ….. yet you . . .
One thing I appreciate about you is . . .
If you ever start to feel discouraged I hope you . . .
You must have had some earlier challenges that made you this determined and strong.  What comes to mind today?

No matter what
I want you to know that I pray God’s blessing on you.

By Elaine Hardt @2011