Translate

Friday, April 15, 2011

Earth Day: Appreciation

The earth is round and grandly complicated,
Way enough to stimulate my eager mind;
I celebrate an immense creation,
And I want to see and learn and find.

The world, the universe, and even beyond
Composed of interacting particles I cannot see,
I’m challenged to seriously observe and analyze
such interesting, amazing activity.

Of all the stars and planets we observe from here
Due to clever inventions for seeing,
All together these announce to mere little humans
There is a majestic, brilliant Creator-being.

Overwhelming magnificence exists,
Lavish provocative design, a mystery!
Unexplained intricacies catch my attention,
I must voice appreciation, certainly.

So Earth Day points to this wondrous globe
But let’s celebrate, too, the Milky Way,
Awesome creation by an awesome God!
We can appreciate this every day.

By Elaine Hardt ©2011