Translate

Saturday, March 07, 2009

From Frustration to Confidence

I realize that worry doesn’t look too good on me,
Frustration mounts and fogs my memory,
Fear has a way of sneaking in;
Lord, forgive me for this sin!

Just because some barely conceal anger in what they say,
Just because some are silent and look the other way,
Just because others stir up deception and strife,
I’ll not let them run my life.

Just because I don’t have all the answers needed for change,
Just because I lack the power to rearrange,
And on my own I stumble a little too much;
I’ll ask the Lord for His touch.

Economics, politics, crime, and troubles of all kinds,
Awareness of evil can overwhelm our minds;
I sort of need to know about some of this stuff,
But without the Lord, it’s too rough.

Here are some things I must continue to remind myself,
A spiritual enemy attacks with stealth;
Trust God and obey, this is the way
He gives us confidence today.

By Elaine Hardt ©2009