Good morning, body. It’s me, again.
Looks like I’ll be living in you another day.
I’d appreciate your cooperation.
I’ll try to be considerate and not push you too hard.
You’ll get some fuel and basic maintenance today.
Hopefully, you won’t need any major overhaul any time soon.
I like your many automatic features.
Right now each department is efficiently at work, not vainly vying for attention.
Since God gave you to me and put us together temporarily, let’s get along.
I’ll not obsess over your warts and wrinkles and occasional rumblings.
God tells me that one day you and I will be parting. I’ll go to Heaven
and someone will lay you down.
My Heavenly Father is going to give me a new body.
Jesus got a wonderful resurrected body after He died on the cross for my sins,
so I know my new body will be wonderful.
But that’s then; this is now.
Meanwhile, I command you to be healed, restored, full of health and energy,
by the authority of Jesus Christ.
Right now I am asking the Lord for wisdom on how to cooperate
with the healing and renewal He is putting on you and my mind and emotions.
It will happen, in His way, in His time.
So, here we go, you and I, on today’s adventure by faith.
Your Boss, ME.
What does the Bible say?
• “I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.” Psalm 139:14.
• Jesus’ resurrection & His body: Matthew 28, Mark 16, Luke 24, John 20.
• Jesus healed & sent His disciples to heal: mentioned 53 times in the Gospels.
• “And Jesus came and spoke unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.” Matthew 28:18-20.
• “And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” Acts 4:33.
• “Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out . . .” Acts 3:19.
• “For if we have been planted together in the likeness of His death, we shall be also in the likeness of His resurrection:” Romans 6:5.
• “In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.” 1 Corinthians 15:52.
• “We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.”
2 Corinthians 5:8.
• “And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.” 1 Thessalonians 5:23.
• “Who His own self bare our sins in His own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed.” 1 Peter 2:24.
• “. . . though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.” 2 Corinthians 4:16.
• “And be renewed in the spirit of your mind” Ephesians 4:23.