Translate

Friday, January 12, 2018

Good ? Better ? Best ?

“Good!  Better!  Best!  Never let it rest; till my GOOD is BETTER,  and my BETTER,  BEST.”  The slogan seemed a logical thing to teach my class.  I demonstrated the look on my face for “good,” followed by a little smile, then a big grin.  It was a daily thing for the first week, then it was a once-a-week repetition.
Later, that summer in my spare time I made up this slogan for the kids.  “I will be happy today, no matter what comes my way.”  I concocted the idea of making up a planet of my own, inhabited by interesting animals and creatures. Turned out fun, and I boldly sent off a chapter with a letter to a local publisher.  Voila` a book was born.  
Well, that was some years ago! Sometimes I see Stories From Beyond the Double Rainbow for sale on Amazon, as “used.” 
Each of us face a challenge every day. Maybe some small irritation or maybe it’s a huge aggravation.  We make decisions small and large.  Other people might be affected sooner or later.
What kind of example are we showing others?  “It’s my decision, it’s my choice.  Today I’ll do my best.”  
Starting each day with an honest prayer, “I need help, dear LORD” can bring the day’s planning to a good start.
+ + + 
by Elaine Hardt ©2018