Translate

Saturday, August 01, 2015

I Can and I Will

This challenge is hard, but I’m going to do it;
This trouble is tough, but I’m going through it.

Trouble can’t last forever not much longer;
I will not be discouraged, I’ll get stronger.

Though the light gets dim, and I don’t know what to do;
Jesus holds me close, and He will see me through. 

My mind settles down, my lips form a prayer;
I don’t know how exactly, but God gets me there. 


Jesus is empowering me to do it;
Jesus is with me as I go through it.

One step at a time I can climb this next hill;
I believe that I can, and I know that I will.  
                               + + + 

                                             By Elaine Hardt ©2010 

Some verses about confidence and determination:

                    Psalm 119:9-16
                    Isaiah 55:6-7
                      John 14:12-14
   1 Peter 5:6-11