Translate

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Egypt, Pakistan, Syria, Israel, Iran, (etc.)

Egypt, Pakistan, Syria, Israel, Iran, etc.
Political disasters and war,
Japan's earthquakes and tsunami,
Flooding in the U.S. and more!

World-wide trouble and uncertainties,
Some people want to run and hide;
Others are consumed with worry,
Their aspirations and dreams have died.

Financial collapse, dishonesty,
Fearful investor and debtor;
Is there any reason for hope
that the future could be any better?


By myself, I am only one, without
power to change the world to right,
But I will pray and help the suffering,
and speak out against sin's dark night.

I'm not caving in to what is wrong,
My life will be spent doing the good I can;
God gives each person the chance to repent,
The Bible reveals His righteous plan.

Judgment Day will be some day,
Jesus still speaks through His Word;
Time to pay attention, people!
The Gospel is the best news you've heard.

There's coming an end to sin and sorrow,
An amazing, happy day it will be,
Never-ending life for those forgiven,
Reason to celebrate eternally.

by Elaine Hardt ©2011