Translate

Monday, June 22, 2009

Beyond the Ordinary

Way beyond what I thought
Or ever dared to pray,
God has revealed in His word;
Amazing provision for outstanding works
That applies to me today.

Not for a few perfect saints,
Not for a time long ago;
God’s commands and promises
Given for ordinary people, you and me;
Truths He expects us to know.

What I let hold me back
Keeps me in weakness and sin.
I’m called to obedience,
And welcome the powerful presence of
His Holy Spirit within.

Not to earn His love,
Not to earn some fame,
There is work to do
To demonstrate His mighty power,
Bring glory to His name.

Called to be far greater;
Called, a mighty work to do,
God expects me to grow up, beyond the ordinary,
and trust Him to work through me.
Now I’m willing and able, too.

by Elaine Hardt ©2001, improved ©2009