Translate

Monday, February 02, 2009

My Plan for Today

Today I awaken with a thankful heart. I say: Arise, shine for my Light is come and the glory of the Lord is risen upon me.

No matter how my body feels my spirit will rejoice in You, my God. With that first deep, full breath I’ll recall that I am filled with Your Holy Spirit. I am energized with all the power and authority You give.

As I stand to my feet I will remember that I’m in a war zone, but You have prepared the way ahead of me. With spiritual armor I lack nothing.  I walk by faith, not by sight.

There is an unseen world around me, but Your strong ministering angels surround me.

What I am going to do for Your Kingdom today will stir up opposition, but that will not take me unawares. The problems, complications, and questions during the day have a spiritual aspect.

I am not ignorant of the enemy’s plan; I’ll not be passive. With any evidence of excessive tiredness or confusion I’ll remember to come against the attack right away and cast it out.

Any sin in my life opens the door to the enemy’s attack, so I’ll be quick to examine my heart and listen to Your Holy Spirit. I’ll confess and stay right with You, Lord.

No foolish talk will mar my conversation; I will not complain nor confess any lack,  but fully trust You.

I refuse to be sluggish, slow of hearing and dull of mind.  I choose to be clear thinking, sensitive to the gentle nudges of Your Holy Spirit. I will react with alert obedience.

Thank You, Lord, for creating me and loving me. I look forward to seeing what You’re going to do in and through me today.  AMEN.

by Elaine Hardt ©2009