Translate

Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Got An Idea for Tomorrow

        The staff of Beneficial Financial gathered in the conference room to meet the new manager from Arizona.  His opening remarks were:  “Here comes my next tomorrow.  Will it be a happy day, or maybe bring me sorrow?”
Some puzzled looks responded to that unexpected statement.  
No one spoke until he smiled and said, “You’re gong to add some words to this and they don’t have to rhyme.  The topic is ‘Here Comes Tomorrow.’”  Then he pointed to Sydney and waited.
“Sir, the idea that I’d add to your topic would be …….hmmmmm.  I know I’ll do my very best, because tomorrow will bring some kind of test.”
Smiles around the room provided the encouragement the rest of the staff needed.  
Chita waved to get attention, and she spoke up, “When I was a little kid, the very best is what I did.  But grownup and working, too, I find some stuff is harder to do.”
Grant was the next volunteer and his first comment was “Thanks, we don’t have to make everything rhyme.  That would take me a lot of time !”

If you were there for that Monday meeting what ideas could you contribute?


What does tomorrow mean to you? 

by Elaine Hardt ©2018