Translate

Saturday, July 21, 2018

I Want to Write Words for YOU

I want to write something
So wonderfully simple,
Yet interestingly complex:
Entirely sufficient and totally adequate. 

I want my words to paint a picture that
Enthralls the viewer,
gathering up scattered pieces of memory,
bringing them into the now.

I want my words to sing an anthem that
resounds from the mountains,
Yet coaxes a smile from a young child,
And blends familiar harmony with the new.

I want my words to caress the mind,
Yet awaken the slumbering soul;
I want my words to reach out,
Embracing the lonely and weary.

I want my words to knock vigorously,
Beckoning friends and strangers alike
To open their heart’s door and receive
God’s invitation to resurrection life.

May my small gift of words today be
Satisfyingly descriptive,
Yet sparse enough to easily recall;
May my words bless you ! 

By Elaine Hardt ©2004