Translate

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Roots Are Needed for Life & Strength

Working in the garden, planting . . . or pulling weeds?
Here's something to consider . . . 
        
        Roots, not seen -- but so necessary,
        The life link for flowers, crops, trees;
        I know I need to be rooted in Christ,
        That’s the only way my life will please.

        LORD, root me wide and root me deep   
        in our relationship’s inner place;
        I give all glory to God as I dwell 
        secure from life’s storms, safe in His grace.

        Others are looking for substance and food,
        I want the fruits of the Spirit growing;
        What a blessing to others and to me
        When my love for Jesus is showing. 


“ . . . Christ will make His home in your hearts 
                  as you trust in Him. 
     Your roots will grow down into God’s love 
                  and keep you strong.  
   And may you have the power to understand, 
                as all God’s people should, 
how wide, how long, how high, and how deep His love is. 
             May you experience the love of Christ, 
           though it is too great to understand fully. 
                 Then you will be made complete 
                    with all the fullness of life
             and power that comes from God.”  
                        Ephesians 3:17-19 NLT 

Do take a look at what comes just before and just afterwards. 
          Read verses 14 to 17, then verses 20 & 21.  

by Elaine Hardt ©2012