Translate

Saturday, October 18, 2014

This is an All-purpose Poem in Honor of the Up-coming Day of Observance

You now hold in your hands an all-purpose poem,  
It’s here to tell you I care;
It’s got appreciation and remembrance
And more, all written to share.

If the calendar shows there’s a holiday coming
Consider this before the rest,
You’ve been noticed, recognized and greeted
With a prayer that you’ll be blessed.  

Go ahead and celebrate whatever day it is,
Relax, enjoy with a smile;
We share a certain something, though undefined,
Friendship won’t go out of style.  

I’m a person who believes in our Creator
And I am one who prays,
Thus you receive from time to time
My writing to brighten your days. 

So, in honor of the up-coming observance,
To life’s meaning give thought;
It’s me, saying “Hi” to you in this greeting
And this is the poem I’ve wrought.  


By Elaine Hardt ©2007