Translate

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

I Looked for the Words

There surely are some words somewhere
I could and should borrow to convey
the possibly significant and thoughtful
New Year’s ideas I want to say.

Jokes, funny stories, caring, sharing from me to you,
Ponderings and wonderings, some old, some new,
Long-forgotten now-remembered memories,
Questions, suggestions, frustrations, or “help me, please.”

Important thoughts might be buried deep within,
Struggles, brainstorms hopefully surviving the din,
Encouragement, poetry and paraphrase,
Unrehearsed or rescued from some bewildered maze.

I looked all around, I looked in my head,
I walked all around, I peered beneath the bed,
opened a dictionary taken from the shelf;
Then I came to this conclusion all by myself:

It would take a miracle today to find
The necessary words hiding in my mind;
What you need is God’s loving blessing strong and true,
And He’d be the one to give it to you.

Then summoning up inspiration I finally wrote
This composition’s humble, rhyming bouquet,
And zipped if off to you on the Internet
On this January’s first day.

by Elaine Hardt ©2008